Monday, September 21, 2009

Strange Eid

Eid is supposed to be a special day. But today was strange.

Got up at 4:30, could not go back to sleep. After Eid prayers, got rained on while walking home. In the afternoon, I was working with my son on his studies (big exam coming up so no break for Eid). I was sitting on his bed, and suddenly the post stuck at a corner for the mosquito net lurched and fell on my hand. I know this, I thought, I used to live in the Bay Area! So... what's shaking, Bangladesh :-)

There are scary statistics about how many people would die from a severe earthquake in Dhaka. But, truth be told, I worry more about adulterated food than any other issue facing Bd. We need to institute capital punishment for that. I mean, isn't it slow-motion murder after all? As a friend said, "Dui ektarey loktaia diley shob thik hoia jaibo" (After one or two adulterers are hanged, it will be alright.)

Oh well, Eid is almost over. A precious, special day turned strange. Eid mubarak everyone!

3 comments:

Photo Cache said...

Love your blog, added you to my blogroll.

I am married to a Bangladeshi :)

ulysses said...

Hi Photo Cache, Thanks very much! Appreciate it.

sonijai said...

Title : Kolkata Web Design
Kolkata’s one of the best web design company, AceSoftech offers web site design, web development and search Engine Optimization at affordable prices. The Ma Kolkata web design company has designed and developed websites from around the world. Acesoftech is known among clients for its quality and professional services. Our low prices and timely completion of the project has made ispopular.Kolkata web Design
http://www.acesoftech.com