Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My Letter in Time Magazine

Time magazine (Asia edition) on May 8, 2006 published my letter (in its entirety) regarding the Bangladesh article.

I can't find a link, so I will just quote the email I sent them.

Dear Sir,

Natives of Bangladesh, me and my wife worked in Silicon Valley for over 20 years in both engineering and managerial roles before deciding to return here in 2005. A key factor that helped us decide was the growth of the economy. Time-Asia's April 3rd cover story validates our thinking.

However, your story placed too little emphasis on the entrepreneurs and the development visionaries and too much emphasis on the politicians.

Too often, the progress of Bangladesh has been because of the efforts of the former and *despite* the efforts and petty bickerings of the latter.

Ihtisham Kabir

No comments: